Due to Covid-19 restrictions and following the advice of our colleagues at RMHC Global, The Ronald McDonald House is unable to accept any additional families until further notice. Children’s Health Ireland at Crumlin have been advised of this decision. Please forgive any inconvenience caused. Please stay safe and well during this difficult time.
Eligibility and Admission Process
- In most cases you are referred by a clinical professional in Children’s Health Ireland at Crumlin, but parents or guardians are welcome to ring the House directly to enquire about accommodation.
- An eligible family is placed on a wait list. This does not guarantee a room. The availability depends on the discharge of families currently residing at the Ronald McDonald House.
- Confirmation is made only by one of our House Mangers by phone or email.
- If a room is not available on the requested date, families will remain on the wait list until a room is free.
- Once a confirmation is received, families may check in anytime before 6pm at The Ronald McDonald House reception.
Requirements to Stay
- A family whose child that is currently in treatment and is newborn to 18 years of age.
- The child must be an active patient receiving medical treatment atChildren’s Health Ireland at Crumlin, Dublin 12..
- All families live outside the greater Dublin area or live more than 25 miles or more from the Ronald McDonald House.
- Parents who are under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
Who May Stay
- Any family member or guardian who provides care and support for the child. We can only allow one room per family.
Fees for Stay
- The cost is €10 per room per night but no family is turned away regardless of their ability to pay. Financial aid is reviewed by management on an individual basis.
Request a Room
- To request a room, a family member or guardian must contact the Ronald McDonald House via phone call or email to be placed on the wait list. Please call (01) 4560436 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A representative of Ronald McDonald House Charities will contact you with room availability.
- Unfortunately, due to the nature of the care of the patient, rooms cannot be guaranteed in advance. A family’s length of stay is often uncertain; instead, a family’s name is placed on a wait list for their day of arrival. Rooms are assigned daily as they become available.
Ronald McDonald House opens its doors to up to 20 families each day, which requires a tremendous effort from our staff, volunteers, other families, and very generous community donors. To provide for the health and safety of everyone involved, we ask all families to observe the House Rules and Infectious Disease Policy. The Ronald McDonald House reserves the right to ask any family to check out at any time should it be considered necessary to preserve the well-being or health and safety of the other families in the House.
- RMHC Ireland House Rules
- Infectious Disease Policy