Happiness is Homemade
After a long, stressful day, have you ever wished that you could arrive home to the wonderful aroma of a home-cooked meal already on the table? You can grant that wish for our families by taking part in our “Cooking4Families” program by doing so you would be a huge help and relief to our families because you are providing them with a healthy, home-cooked meal after a long and often times stressful day at the hospital and relieving them of the added worry of having to cook themselves.
You don’t need to be a world-class chef to provide a tasty, home-cooked meal. As a “Cooking4Families” volunteer, your group plans your menu, shops for menu items, and prepare meals in the House kitchen for our Families. Cooking4Families is a huge help and relief to our families because they provide them with a healthy, home-cooked meal after a long day at the hospital. Our “Cooking4Families” volunteers make a tremendous difference in the lives of our Families. And the feeling you’ll get from helping will be “fuel for your soul”.
What should I know?
- All meals are prepared at Ronald McDonald House. We have all cooking and serving needs.
- Group should arrive at 10.00 am, Lunch ready by 12-1pm. For Dinner Groups should arrive at 2pm with Dinner served from 5 – 5.30pm
- If Possible Meals should include a Main course and Dessert.
- Please ask all group members to have hair pulled back while cooking. Gloves are available at the House. Please, if you or a member of your group is not feeling well please do not come in to volunteer.
- All volunteers must be at least 14 years old and supervised by an Adult.
- Please bring no more than 10 volunteers for both preparation & clean up.
- Please plan a menu and shop for all ingredients ahead of time.
- Please confirm date. Let us know your menu so we can insure variety.
- Plan to serve 20-30 people.
- If you need to cancel please call as soon as possible!
- House tours are available. We can take photos, ask for a photo release.
Menu Suggestions: “Comfort Foods” are most popular!
- Chicken Dishes Baked, Grilled, Stuffed, Fried, Families love chicken!
- Baked Ham and Cheesy potatoes, Baked potato bar
- Roast Pork or Roast Beef Dinners. Hot Roast Beef or Hot Turkey Sandwiches
- Lasagna, Baked Macaroni, Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Homemade Pizza & Chicken Fingers, French Fries & Antipasti
- Casseroles & Stews
- Soups & Sandwiches, Subs – “You can make a Sub Bar”
- Taco Bar or Fajitas
Our “Cook4Families” volunteers make a tremendous difference in the lives of our Families. And the feeling you’ll get from helping will be “fuel for your soul”.