RMHC & The Medical Community
Ronald McDonald House Charities Relationship with the Medical Community in Ireland and Worldwide
The Ronald McDonald House is situated on the grounds of Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Ireland’s largest paediatric hospital. It provides evidence based quaternary, tertiary and secondary quality care to children & adolescents in a safe environment driven by knowledge through education & research. Please visit www.olchc.ie
Helping to reach access to health care around the world
In order to improve the health and wellbeing of children around the world, RMHC relies on strong partnerships with the medical community – relationships that have been nurtured and have grown since 1974. Because of this, we can address health care needs for children and families through:
- One or more of our three core programs supporting families being cared for at 78 percent of the best children’s hospitals in the world.
- Local clinic service providers who partner with Ronald McDonald Care Mobiles in their area.
- Grants to other non-profit organizations that also serve children.Medical professionals contribute to RMHC in a variety of different ways:
- They are actively engaged as members of the RMHC Global and local boards of directors.
- They provide land for Ronald McDonald Houses and/or spaces within hospitals for Ronald McDonald Family Rooms.
- They assist with operating costs and donations of in-kind services.
- They volunteer their time and services on Ronald McDonald Care Mobiles and with other programs.
It’s this kind of critical support that enables us to expand our program capacity and help change children’s lives around the world.